MARKBYGDEN 1101 - NOW THE GIANT TRANSFORMER T2 RÅBÄCKEN IS OPERATING
Last week, January 31, 2019, the new giant transformer T2 was put into operation at Råbäcken power station at Europe's largest wind farm Markbygden 1101 20 km west of Piteå.
At 11:00, Peter Scholle from B+S grid solutions GmbH and Benjamin Schulze from Enercon Grid Operation pushed the button on behalf of Markbygden Net AB and the new transformer started its production of new green electricity from Markbygden 1101 phase 1.
The transformer, transported via an advanced boat / barge / truck transport from Italy up to Piteå and Markbygden earlier this autumn, will be the complementary part for the delivery of electricity from stage 1 of this giant project. The total weight of the transformer is almost 400 tons, which made the transport one of the heaviest in this form in Sweden.
Facts transformer T2:
• Transformer size: 625MVA
• Manufacturer: GETRA S.p.A, 81025 Marcianise (CE) Italy - The largest transformer ever built in Italy
• Construction and installation time (transformer station extension + transformer) 17 months from the procurement
• Purpose T2: Extension of the feed capacity for Phase 1 on Markbygden 1101 wind farm
• Total available feed capacity (T1 + T2) = 1025MVA
• In addition to the transformer T2, another 400kV switch, three 150kV switches and seven 33kV GIS switches have been installed by ABB (Västerås). This installation includes all protection and control electronics and monitoring details. This is put into operation in the same step as the transformer T2.
This will be an important step towards completing the plan for Markbygden 1101, Europe's and one of the world's largest land-based wind farms.
At today's launch, representatives from clients, suppliers and Svenska Kraftnät SVK participated.
for Svevind AB /
MB Net AB
T: +46 (0)70-6751133